King County's Must-See Christmas Light Displays of 2023
As the festive season rolls around, King County transforms into a winter wonderland, aglow with dazzling Christmas lights. From the enchanting Astra Lumina at the Seattle Chinese Garden to the beloved Christmas Ship Festival, the area offers a variety of light displays that cater to all ages and preferences. In this guide, we take you through the top Christmas light displays in King County, ensuring your holiday season is merry, bright, and full of wonder.
1. Astra Lumina: A Night Walk Amongst The Stars The Seattle Chinese Garden becomes a mystical realm from December 8 to January 7 with Astra Lumina. This event is not just about lights; it’s an immersive experience where light installations, projections, and music create an awe-inspiring journey among the stars. The enchanting pathways and ethereal ambiance make it an ideal outing for families and couples alike. Get tickets and more information.
2. WildLanterns at Woodland Park Zoo Running until January 14, WildLanterns offers a different twist to the traditional zoo visit. As night falls, the zoo lights up with animal and nature-themed lanterns, creating a magical atmosphere. This event is particularly family-friendly and offers an educational twist, making it a perfect blend of fun and learning. Learn more and purchase tickets.
3. Luminous Light Sculptures at Westlake Park Until January 9, Westlake Park in downtown Seattle showcases giant, festive light sculptures. These larger-than-life installations are a treat to behold and provide countless photo opportunities. The event is free, making it accessible to everyone looking to bask in holiday cheer. More details.
4. Seattle Center Winterfest Running until December 31, the Seattle Center Winterfest is a holiday extravaganza. It features the Campus Luminata lighting, festive light shows, and a variety of other holiday-themed activities. This event is ideal for those who enjoy a lively and bustling holiday atmosphere. Find out more.
5. Christmas Ship Festival This unique festival, lasting until December 23, features a parade of boats adorned with festive lights. The Christmas Ship Festival is an iconic King County tradition, where you can view the lit-up ships from the shore or join the fun on board. View schedules and participation options.
6. Garden d’Lights at Bellevue Botanical Garden The Bellevue Botanical Garden d’Lights, open until December 31 (closed on Christmas Day), offers an enchanting walk through beautifully lit gardens. It's an outdoor display perfect for those who appreciate nature’s beauty enhanced by holiday lights. Ticket information.
7. Holiday Magic by Washington State Fair On select dates in December, the Washington State Fairgrounds in Puyallup light up for Holiday Magic. This event is a full-on holiday celebration with light displays, food, a holiday market, and ice skating. It’s a fantastic choice for a day trip filled with festive fun. Discover more.
8. Snowflake Lane – The Bellevue Collection Experience the magic of falling snow, dazzling lights, and festive music nightly until Christmas Eve in Bellevue. Snowflake Lane includes a parade of holiday floats, toy drummers, and dancers. It’s a spectacle that brings the spirit of Christmas to life. Learn about this event.
9. Fantasy Lights south of Tacoma Until January 1, 2024, Fantasy Lights provides a drive-through experience like no other. It’s the largest holiday drive-through display in the Northwest, featuring elaborate displays and thousands of sparkling lights along Spanaway Lake. Tickets and details.
10. Lights of Christmas at Warm Beach Located in Stanwood and running through December 30, the Lights of Christmas offers a drive-through experience with spectacular lights and dazzling displays. New this year are activity stops along the route, adding an extra layer of fun to the experience. More information.
Event Highlights Each of these events brings its unique flavor to the holiday season. Whether it's the serene beauty of Astra Lumina, the fun-filled environment of WildLanterns, or the unique maritime charm of the Christmas Ship Festival